Here’s how to activate your new iPad
The fastest and easiest way to start enjoying your new iPad is to transfer your existing Mobile Internet data plan to the SIM card that comes in your device.
- Turn on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Cellular Data.
- Tap Set Up Cellular Data.
- Select T-Mobile.
- Choose the option under Available Data Plans:
Already have a T-Mobile data plan?
Tap here to transfer plan to your iPad.
- Enter the 10-digit cellular number (MSISDN) associated with your Mobile Internet data plan, and last four digits of the Social Security Number of the primary account holder.
- Tap Next, and you’ll be up and running!
NOTE: Follow the steps below if you received an activated SIM card from T-Mobile or are upgrading from another tablet.
- Replace the SIM card that came pre-installed in your iPad with the one that’s been activated.
- Restart your iPad.